Our hotel has started its activities within the scope of the Sustainable Tourism Program in order to be a sustainable business and is making improvements for a sustainable world. We are working with all our efforts to leave a more livable world for future generations. Thank you for your support.
2022 - 2023
- About Report
- Facility Introduction and Properties
- Sustainability Team
- Reducing Enviromental Effects
- Personnel and Work Life
- Social Activities
- Cultural Activities
We started our sustainability efforts as of 2023. In this regard, we aim to share the progress we have made with our management, employees, guests, suppliers and all other partners and thus transform it into common goals and achievements by increasing the awareness we will create at this point.
This prepared sustainability report contains data for the period of 2023.
OUR HOTEL HAS 36 ROOMS. OUR FACILITY IS OPEN 12 MONTHS. OUR FACILITY IS IN THE ÇEŞME SQUARE, OPPOSITE THE HISTORIC ÇEŞME CASTLE. OUR HOTEL SERVES AS BED AND BREAKFAST. IT IS 90 KM AWAY FROM İZMİR AIRPORT.
Çeşme is a district located in the west of İzmir province. It is surrounded by Urla from the east, Karaburun from the north, and the Aegean Sea from the west and south.
Overlooking the Republic Square, Rıdvan Hotel is located in the center of Çeşme, just 50 meters from the beach. It is a decent hotel that is constantly renewed, offering 24-hour reception and free Wi-Fi throughout the property.
It is 100 meters away from Çeşme Marina.
Respect for the Environment - Energy Saving We are aware that our energy resources are limited, and we follow our consumption data, raise awareness among our employees, and carry out activities to ensure the continuous improvement of energy efficiency in order to support less energy and water consumption. We evaluate our waste and hazardous waste in a way that will not harm the environment within the framework of recycling principles. We take care to protect the plant and animal species specific to our region.
All staff know the weekly work schedule.
✓ The staff work 45 hours a week in accordance with the legal working hours. In case of overtime, overtime is done within the limits allowed by the laws, and overtime is paid either as a fee or as a leave.
✓ All rights such as severance pay, notice pay, weekly leave, annual leave, etc. have been declared to the staff and are used.
✓ Our employees are granted all kinds of special leave rights. Maternity leave, death leave, etc.
✓ Within the scope of our open door policy, it has been given to the staff in orientation trainings that the management’s door is always open unless there is bad intention, following the hierarchical order.
✓ Worker representatives in the OHS Board have been assigned to represent other employees and have the right to speak at meetings.
✓ The disciplinary board is actively working in our hotel and is working in accordance with the rules to ensure order and discipline.
✓ An effective training system is established to increase the general and professional knowledge of the employees, to develop their individual knowledge and skills, and all kinds of legal compulsory trainings, internal trainings and on-the-job trainings are given according to the need throughout the season. The training times per person are followed monthly by human resources. (Professional and technical trainings, communication, guest satisfaction, complaint management, teamwork, quality management systems, hygiene trainings, environment and occupational health and safety and sustainability trainings)
✓ The work uniforms of all our employees and all kinds of clothes worn related to work are cleaned free of charge. There is also a tailor and ironing service.
✓ In addition, all our employees have the right to be examined at a discounted rate at the contracted private hospital.
✓ At the end of each season, motivation dinners are organized to celebrate our success.
FINANCIAL AID IS PROVIDED TO DARRÜŞAFAKA SOCIETY EVERY YEAR IN 2 TERMS.
FREE ACCOMMODATION IS PROVIDED AT ÇEŞME FESTIVAL AND SIMILAR EVENTS.
SINCE OUR HOTEL IS IN THE SQUARE, OUR HOTEL’S BREAKFAST HALL AND LOBBY CAN BE USED FREE OF CHARGE DURING ALL SOCIAL ACTIVITIES.
THE RENEWED MATERIALS IN OUR HOTEL ARE DONATED TO SOCIAL ASSISTANCE FOUNDATIONS.
OUR HOTEL’S LOBBY HAS OLD ÇEŞME PICTURES REFLECTING THE HISTORY OF ÇEŞME. THE MASTIC TREE IS SYMBOLICALLY LOCATED IN THE LOBBY WITH ITS INTRODUCTION.
OUR HOTEL’S LOBBY HAS WALL ORNAMENTS FOUND IN THE OLD HOUSES OF ÇEŞME.
8.1. Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Policy
We value gender equality in our business.
· We ensure the health, safety and well-being of all our employees regardless of gender difference.
· We support women’s participation in the labor force in all our departments and provide equal opportunities.
· We act in accordance with the “equal pay for equal work” policy without gender discrimination.
· We distribute tasks in accordance with the principle of equality.
· We provide the necessary environment for equal benefit from career opportunities.
· We create training policies, support women’s participation and increase awareness.
· We create a work environment and practices that maintain work-life balance.
· We support women to be in the company management and provide equal opportunities.
· We do not allow women to be subjected to any kind of abuse, harassment, discrimination, oppression, coercion, slander, etc. We are always aware of the value they add to the world and our institution and support their existence.
8.2. Energy Efficiency Policy
We use our energy efficiently to protect our world from possible dangers and set goals to reduce our energy consumption.
· We follow national and international standards, laws and regulations in order to fulfill both our responsibilities towards nature and our legal obligations, voluntarily carry out activities that will reduce energy use and/or continuously improve our energy consumption performance, and monitor the results of our activities.
· We set goals, include energy efficiency in our training programs in order to ensure the participation of our employees.
· We attach importance to cooperating with all our stakeholders on energy management issues to create common goals and outcomes. We try to maintain our interaction with our guests, employees, visitors and all business partners in order to reach a level of awareness and consciousness together on these issues.
· We try to research, find, purchase and use energy efficient products, equipment, devices and technology alternatives.
· We aim to document our Energy Management System, spread it to all our departments, update it when necessary, review it and continuously improve it.
· We evaluate energy risks or possible emergency situations such as energy constraints, and plan the measures to be taken.
8.3. Child Rights Policy
Children are the entrusted of the future to us. It is our primary responsibility to recognize them as individuals, respect their rights, protect and protect them from any kind of psychological, physical, commercial, etc. exploitation.
To ensure this;
· We do not allow child labor in our own institutions and expect the same sensitivity from all our business partners.
· We provide environments/opportunities within the enterprise that contribute to the development of children, express their thoughts and wishes, feelings comfortably, and feel free and comfortable.
· We provide training to our employees on the prevention and detection of child abuse.
· We make sure that children are under adult supervision in the activities they participate in.
· We organize trainings and support relevant projects to raise awareness on the protection of child rights.
· When we witness suspicious actions related to children, we first inform the hotel management, and ask for help from official institutions if necessary.
8.4. Environmental Protection and Waste Management Policy
We protect the environment in our business, prevent pollution, reduce our negative impacts on the environment and attach importance to its protection.
• We comply with legal regulations and try to reduce our environmental impact.
• We pay attention to effectively separate our wastes according to their sources, groups and hazard classes.
• We ensure that hazardous substances and chemicals are used only when needed and as much as necessary, reducing both their negative effects on the environment and the amount of waste.